Presentations and Media Appearances
- Dr. Heitt was the sixth Annual Distinguished Workshop Series presenter at the 2014 American Psychological Association Convention in Washington, DC.
- Following the tragic events of September 11, 2001, Dr. Heitt appeared on “The Diane Rehm Show.”
- He also appeared on webinar “Legal Lunch with Laura,” “The Medical Hour,” a Baltimore talk radio show, and “Stress Relief Radio with Dr Carol Scott,” a national cable/internet talk radio show, to discuss his work with disruptive physicians.
- Dr. Heitt is an adjunct faculty member within the doctor of psychology (PsyD) program at Loyola University Maryland.
- Previously, he was an assistant professor on the faculty of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and a faculty associate of the Johns Hopkins University School of Education.
- Dr. Heitt is the faculty instructor of the Preparatory Course for the Maryland State Jurisprudence Licensing Exam for Psychologists offered through the Maryland Psychological Association.
- He was formerly on the staff of the Stevenson University Wellness/Counseling Center.
- Dr. Heitt published an article on a model of ethical reasoning he developed, entitled CLEAR Lenses.
- Dr. Heitt co-authored a paper on Disruptive Physicians.
- Dr. Heitt published a paper on the Development and Evolution of a Workplace Violence protocol.
- He was a co-author of a paper on Mental Health Disaster Preparedness.
- Dr. Heitt was interviewed about workplace violence in numerous publications such as the Johns Hopkins Medicine Dome and the HR Today.
- He was a contributing consultant in a research study about Hospital RN’s Experiences with Disruptive Behavior.
- He has been quoted in numerous articles about stress management and eustress (good stress), antisocial doctors, how employers should deal with employees with psychiatric illness, dealing with narcissists in the workplace, workplace violence, the costs of workplace violence and some pros and cons of working at home.
Committees and Work Groups
- Dr. Heitt is a current member and former Chair of the Maryland Psychology Association’s (MPA’s) Ethics Committee and former chair of MPA’s Colleague Assistance Committee.
- The American Psychological Association and many of the State Psychological Associations, such as MPA are sponsoring the Psychologically Healthy Workplace Awards. Dr. Heitt was a consulting reviewer for MPA.
- Dr. Heitt is on the Editorial Advisory Board of, and has written pieces for, The WorkCare Group’s “Work & Life Newsletter”.
- Dr. Heitt works on behalf of the Maryland Department of Health, offering forensic psychological evaluations regarding competency to proceed (“competency to stand trial”).
- Dr. Heitt has partnered with Dr. Gerard Lewis on presentations about workplace hostility.
- Dr. Heitt has also co-presented with Dr. David Fisher on workplace violence and fitness for duty risk assessment evaluations and program development.